Report

rss

Iraq News

Kurdistan

Economy

World

All News

Kurdistan's Prime Minister: what happened to 95 percent of the Iraqi budget?

Category: Kurdistan

Date: 2021-11-19T20:46:42+0000
Kurdistan's Prime Minister: what happened to 95 percent of the Iraqi budget?

Shafaq News/Kurdistan's Prime Minister, Masrour Barzani, said on Friday that the projects established in the Region were implemented with only five percent of Iraq's budget.

During his participation in the Manama Dialogue Forum in the Bahraini capital, Barzani said, "The Kurdistan Region has become an oasis of stability, but this was not without a price, and it was not achieved without massive sacrifices."

He indicated that all the projects of Kurdistan had been implemented in recent years at 5 percent of the Iraqi budget, "But what happened to the remaining 95 percent in Iraq?" he wondered.

On the issue of migration, he said "it is a global phenomenon and occurs everywhere," noting that the migrants who left the Kurdistan Region and went to the borders between Belarus and Poland held visas and spent money, and did not leave because of security risks or hunger."

He continued, "The key to ensuring our security in Kurdistan lies in establishing a system in Iraq that prevents any future prime minister from using force to settle political problems, and this means implementing the constitution."

"The Middle East and Iraq are stuck in differences instead of focusing on the common issues that unite each other." stressing the need to reformulate a new security system in the Middle East to include all countries in the region, including Iran.

Concerning the Kurdish-Kurdish dialogue in Rojava, Barzani explained, "Erbil encourages dialogue between the Kurds of Syria so that they can determine their future, but it is unfortunate that the Kurdistan Workers' Party obstructs this matter because it influences the local authorities."

The Prime Minister said that the efforts of the Iraqi government and other stakeholders to create acceptable living conditions to curb the re-emergence of ISIS are far from being achieved.

He also addressed the climate challenges facing the Region, saying, "Climate change has begun in the Middle East."

related

PM Barzani receives the Lithuanian Minister of Foreign affairs in Erbil

Date: 2022-01-17 13:31:02
PM Barzani receives the Lithuanian Minister of Foreign affairs in Erbil

Kurdistan’s Prime Minister thanks China for supplying the Region with Coronavirus vaccine

Date: 2021-03-02 19:48:27
Kurdistan’s Prime Minister thanks China for supplying the Region with Coronavirus vaccine

PM Barzani discusses the Iraqi government formation with the Swiss ambassador to Iraq

Date: 2022-05-17 17:14:04
PM Barzani discusses the Iraqi government formation with the Swiss ambassador to Iraq

PM Barzani commemorates the 34th anniversary of the Halabja chemical attack

Date: 2022-03-16 06:55:45
PM Barzani commemorates the 34th anniversary of the Halabja chemical attack

Barzani expresses condolences to PMF head

Date: 2021-07-03 19:45:53
Barzani expresses condolences to PMF head

Masrour Barzani holds military talks with leaders of Al-Hashd Al-Shaabi and Iraqi Army

Date: 2020-10-04 14:33:11
Masrour Barzani holds military talks with leaders of Al-Hashd Al-Shaabi and Iraqi Army

PM Barzani and Plasscchaert discuss the outcomes of the Iraqi parliamentary election

Date: 2021-10-14 15:07:42
PM Barzani and Plasscchaert discuss the outcomes of the Iraqi parliamentary election

PM Barzani offers Ramadan greetings to the Muslims of Kurdistan and the world

Date: 2022-04-01 17:56:01
PM Barzani offers Ramadan greetings to the Muslims of Kurdistan and the world