Shafaq News- London (Updated on July 24, at 9:31)

The United Kingdom said on Thursday it was prepared to respond to any Iranian attack, after Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) warned Britain against supporting recent US and Israeli military operations targeting Iran.

The IRGC directed its statement at “the British monarchy,” holding it responsible for the region's hardships and citing a record including the partition of Islamic countries, mass killings, the imposition of authoritarian governments and, above all, the organization and direction of the occupation of Palestine and the Nakba. It said Britain had played the largest role in the recent US and Israeli operations against Iran, and cautioned London against adding further to that record.

"Our Armed Forces are ready to keep the United Kingdom safe from any kind of attacks, whether it's on our soil or from abroad. The UK stands ready 24/7 to defend itself," a UK government spokesperson said, adding that Britain operates a layered air and missile defense system drawing on Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force assets in coordination with NATO allies.

Israel's Channel 12 reported that US officials had also advised their Israeli counterparts to remain on high alert. Israel's public broadcaster, Kan, reported that Israeli officials are considering strikes on targets in Iran that have not previously been hit should Israel join the conflict. Israel has raised the readiness level of its air force and air defense systems in anticipation of possible escalation with Iran.

Earlier, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member states and Jordan condemned “Iran's continued attacks” on their territories, saying the assaults threatened regional security, stability, and civilian infrastructure.